So here I am sitting on the lounge early Sunday morning thinking, what to do today? Well, a quick flick to the lifestyle channel to see iFish on, well, you know what happens next. A phone call to my mate Tim to see if he wanted to chase his first fish on lure, of course he says and off we headed to chase some flatties which seem to be slowing down as we get into the colder months. When we arrived, I rigged a 4" Jigging Grub in a colour Tim named "Techno" which I thought would have the most chance of catching a fish after all this rain making the water so dirty, rigged my Dad a 4" minnow in the famous "Banana Prawn" and myself a 5" Jerkshad in Blue Pepper Neon. Half an hour later to no avail Tim wasn't having much confidence in me and was beginning to wonder if we were going to catch a fish. "I'm on!" Tim yells "Oh, no i'm not, Oh, yes I am!" As he brought it up to the boat rapidly I had the net ready and the fish was in the boat, he was stoked! A quick measure and a photo and we released his first fish on lure, with a cheeky grin he looks to me and says "Haven't you caught a fish yet?". A few hours later with no more fish, we decided to head home. Tim stayed for dinner that night and asked if we could go chase his first bream on lure the next day, well I can't say no to that! We headed out the next morning at 7:30 before he started work at 9am and pulled up at one of our bream spots which usually gets a few fish here and there, 2nd or 3rd cast and I was onto a tiddler of a bream going 18cm to the fork of the tail caught on a Cranka Crank in the "Pink Bitts" colour, one of my go to lures. We decided to slowly motor up to a promising looking sandbank and fish the weed edges. Tim casted out his 2" Shrimp in the "Banana Prawn" colour and tried his luck, 5 minutes later he is on to a bream going 23cm to the fork. He was stoked, even though it was only a 23 forker! We had to head back as soon as he released the fish as it was 8:30. No doubt in a few months he will do the same as I did, spend all his spare money on tackle. However, introducing your mates to lures is great, atleast next time you'll have a fishing parter! and who knows, they might even outdo you!
No comments:
Post a Comment